2018 RULES (Revised May 15, 2018)
The Albuquerque Roadrunner Tournament (TART) is an USBC certified tournament. All participants are subject to the USBC rules and jurisdiction for the event. The tournament is a mixed handicap competition open to men and women by invitation only. Therefore, the Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse any application. Space is limited to 36 teams/144 bowlers. Teams will consist of 4 members, any mix of men and women. Partial entries will be accepted as long as they can be accommodated.
1. AVERAGES HANDICAP & SCORES
A. Handicap for the Tournament shall be based on 90% of the difference between the bowler’s scratch average and 225. Negative handicap will not apply.
B. Any bowler entering TART 2018 must have established a ten-pin average acceptable to USBC.
2. ENTERING AVERAGES
A. Bowler’s entering average is determined by the highest of the following:
1. The bowlers highest 2017/2018 league average, 21 games or more, as of 8/31/18;
2. OR, the bowlers 2017/2018 composite average of as 8/31/18;
3. OR, IGBO TAD average
i. 21-game minimum/previous 12 months, as of 8/31/18. Please note: if TAD average is one-pin over the highest of 1 or 2, the TAD average will be used.
B. If none of the above applies, bowler will use a minimum average of 130 to a maximum average of 225 as the entering average. Such bowlers shall be required to submit all league averages and tournament scores for possible re-rating. Information for bowlers with a minimum of 21 games will be considered.
C. USBC permits the tournament director to assign an average higher than minimum average prior to participation. (USBC Rule 319b).
D. League Name, Secretary’s Name and phone number or email address must be provided with the Entry Form along with copy of your league’s standing sheet. The League Secretary and bowlers will complete and attach a verification form. It is the entrant’s responsibility to supply complete and accurate information for all leagues participated in.
E. Bowlers who have qualified for cash and/or merchandise prize(s) of $600 or more in the position standings prize list in any event in any bowling tournament during the past 12-month period must report:
1. Name(s) of tournament(s) and date(s) when prize(s) was/were won
2. Actual scores bowled – all games including optional events.
3. Prize position(s). Amount or value of prize(s). Failure to comply is cause for forfeiture of entry fee and prize winnings (USBC Rule 319d).
F. A bowler’s average may be adjusted upward before the entrant bowls. If the bowler, upon registering, does not accept the assigned average, he/she is entitled to a refund of the entry fee. (See Rule 11) It is the bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her entering average.
G. If any average is reported incorrectly, USBC Rule 319a3 will apply. USBC Rule 319e will apply in the event of an average adjustment for an entrant. Nothing in this rule will be deemed to supersede the authority of tournament management or the local association to adjust a bowler’s average upward prior to bowling.
3. USBC/IGBO MEMBERSHIP
A. All entrants must be members of USBC and provide proof of membership and certification number on the entry form. Proof of membership in the 2017/2018 season (sanction card or renewal receipt) must be available during tournament registration. Non-members shall pay a Participation Fee of $5.00 (USBC Rule 301b).
B. Any bowler who is not a member of an IGBO league (and not currently an IGBO Associate Member) shall pay an Associate Member Fee to IGBO of $25.00.
4. BOWLING INFORMATION
A. Each participant shall bowl three (3) games per event and must enter all events.
B. Bowlers are allowed only one entry per event in Singles, Doubles, and Team.
C. Doubles/Partnerships must come from the same team.
D. Men and women will compete on an equal basis.
E. Team and Doubles Partnerships may consist of any combination of men and women.
F. Check-in time for all events is no later than thirty (30) minutes prior to starting time.
G. Late bowlers will begin in the frame in which they are ready to begin bowling. A “zero” score will be entered in each frame missed. Also see Rule 7.
H. Bowlers will be allowed 10 minutes practice, per event, unless they are late. Late bowlers will forfeit practice time for the shift that they are late.
I. Substitutes will be allowed to participate at the Tournament Director’s discretion.
5. TOURNAMENT ENTRY AND FEES
A. $99.00 per bowler (for breakdown, see #11 Entry Fee Breakdown).
B. The entry deadline is midnight (MST), September 7, 2018.
C. Online registration is available at least 2 months prior to tournament.
D. For paperwork you need to send, you may e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
The Albuquerque Roadrunner Tournament
PO Box 26171
Albuquerque, NM 87125-6171
E. Full payment of fees must accompany entries. All money orders or cashier’s checks should be made payable in U.S. funds to “The Albuquerque Roadrunner Tournament”. Online payment is available via PayPal once registration is open. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use the secured payment method. Credit and debit cards are accepted and processed through this website.
F. All incomplete entries will be returned, unprocessed.
G. A complete entry package consists of the following:
1. Completed Entry Form. Appropriate fees in U.S. funds
2. Completed average verification form
3. If using online registration, all required average verification must be mailed or emailed to the tournament secretary (email@example.com).
H. Entry fees, once received, will only be refunded at the Tournament Director’s discretion.
6. OPTIONAL SCRATCH EVENTS
A. The tournament is offering two (2) optional scratch events:
1. Individual Scratch: The entry fee for this optional event is based on division. Entry fee for all divisions = $25.00. Scores used for the Individual Scratch Event shall be those scratch games (without handicap) as bowled in the Handicap Division of the tournament. Payout will be 100% per Division. Payout ratio will be no less than 1:6. It will be paid for the high scratch game, high scratch series, and high scratch all-events.
2. Scratch Masters Roll Off: The entry fee for this optional event is based on division. Angel Fire = $20, Bernalillo = $25, Clovis = $30, Deming = $40, and Estancia = $50. Scratch Masters Roll Off will be based on scratch scores (without handicap) bowled in all events (Singles, Doubles, and Team). The top six (6) bowlers in each Division will advance to the Scratch Roll Off competition on Sunday, September 23rd, immediately following the Team Event.
a. If there is a tie for the sixth spot a 9th and 10th frame roll off will be held for bowlers that tied.
3. The competition will consist of three (3) games. All six (6) competitors of each Division will bowl game one (1) with the two (2) bowlers having the lowest scores eliminated from the competition. The remaining four (4) bowlers will bowl game two (2) with the two (2) bowlers having the lowest scores eliminated from the competition. The remaining two (2) bowlers will bowl game three (3), the bowler with the highest score will be crowned Scratch Shoot-Out Champion for their respective Division. In the event of a tie in match play, a shot-for-shot sudden-death tie breaker will be used.
4. The five (5) Scratch Divisions for both optional events are as follows:
|Angel Fire: 139 and less|
|Bernalillo: 140 – 159|
|Clovis: 160 – 179|
|Deming: 180 – 199|
7. PRIZE PAYOUTS
A. Each event has its own Prize List.
B. There will be 100% cash return on all prize fees.
C. The payout ratio will be 1:6,
1. Except for Individual All Events, in which the top three (3) positions only, will be awarded a non-cash prize.
D. Payouts will occur within thirty (30) days of tournament completion.
8. TOURNAMENT CANCELLATION
A. Premature termination or interruption of the tournament brought about by war, national or local disaster/emergency, or emergency causes relating to or from fire, natural disaster, or any other reason beyond the control of TART committee shall cause, to the extent required thereby, all advertised prizes guaranteed or otherwise, to be pro-rated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each of the respective events up to the time of such termination.
9. TOURNAMENT DATES
A. Friday, September 21 to Sunday, September 23, 2018.
10. BOWLING HOUSE
A. All bowling events will be held at Starlight Lanes inside of Santa Ana Star Casino, 54 Jemez Canyon Dam Rd, Santa Ana Pueblo, NM 87004. Phone: (505) 771- 5333.
11. ENTRY FEE BREAKDOWN
Prize Fund = $36.00
Lineage = $22.50
IGBO Donation = $.75
Banquet = $28.75
Administration Fee/Awards = $11.00
2018 Total Entry Fee: $99.00
A. After a score has been recorded, it cannot be changed unless there has been an obvious error in scoring or calculation.
B. Obvious errors must be corrected by a member of the Tournament Committee.
C. Questionable errors must be reported to the Tournament Co-Director(s) within 30 minutes of the error and will be decided on by the tournament committee.
D. All decisions of the tournament director are final unless an appeal is made in accordance with USBC Rule 329.
E. Bowlers must check their own sheet before signing.
F. All other USBC rules will apply.
A. Rules subject to change upon USBC sanction approval. Any rules changes will be posted at registration.